Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Tarot Workshop: An Introductory Guide to Tarot CD by Suzanne Corbie
Tarot Workshop: An Introductory Guide to Tarot CD by Suzanne Corbie. Paradise Music. http://www.paradisemusic.us.com/albumsDetail.asp?id=53
This two disc set is a whole new way to look at and learn the Tarot. On these CDs, Suzanne Corbie works with the Rider-Waite Tarot deck, and while she does say you can use other decks to follow along with her, I would highly recommend going ahead and using the Rider-Waite deck. I listened to this CD several times with several other decks, and while some fit with her descriptions, some don’t have the same details she refers too. At least start with the Rider – Waite, and then when you are comfortable with that, you can move onto other decks.
These discs are broken down into the major and minor arcanas.
CD 1 Major Arcana – Introduction to the Tarot
1. Introduction to the Tarot
2. The Fool, The Magician, The High Priestess, The Empress
3. The Emperor, The Heirophant, The Lovers, The Chariot, Strength
4. The Hermit, The Wheel of Fortune, Justice, The Hanged Man, Death
5. Temperance, The Devil, The Tower, The Star
6. The Moon, The Sun, Judgment, The World
7. Working with the Tarot Daily Readings and questions
8. Simple Three Card Spreads
CD 2 Minor Arcana – Connecting your intuition with the tarot
5. Connecting with the tarot. Exercises to connect your intuition with the tarot using both major and minor arcane, storytelling, identifying walks of life and describing your life using the cards
6. Step by step celtic cross spread
7. Guided mediation through the Major Arcana – the Journey of the Fool
In learning about these cards, Corbie emphasizes this isn’t about memorization, it’s about interpretation and that the cards will mean what you need for them to mean – this doesn’t mean you consciously tell the cards to mean what you want them to say, but that you will be able to interpret the information from the cards that you need to. The cards may have different meanings for you at different times – depending on what your situation is at the time. A large part of this workshop is taking each card individually and spending time with it, stare at, look at all the aspects of the picture. How does it make you feel? Close your eyes and see what comes into your mind – this is the message the card has for you.
This is a great set to help yourself learn how to use the tarot, or to work together with your friends in a group. For discussion purposes you can each share what each card means to you. You may help others see things they hadn’t seen before, and they may do the same with you. This would make a great discussion/workshop to do at metaphysical stores or with in your own group – particularly if everyone worked with a different deck.