Monday, October 17, 2011

Review: Time of the Quickening: Prophecies for the Coming Utopian Age by Susan B. Martinez, Ph. D


Time of the Quickening: Prophecies for the Coming Utopian Age by Susan B. Martinez, Ph. D. Bear and Company: Rochester, VT. 2011.

http://store.innertraditions.com/isbn/978-1-59143-126-8?id=3828&displayZoom=1

I really had no clue what to expect with this book, but because it’s sort of 2012 related, I was quite anxious to check it out.

The author takes information and predictions from all kinds of sources – the Oahspe Bible, Nostradamus, Jeane Dixon, and others to compile what she sees at the new world order we are heading too.

Part of this book deals with the mathematical aspects of events that have already happened and how they are connected to each other, and I will admit that these parts just didn’t have a really big impact on me, in fact I began to find them annoying. I feel that timewise, we can tie ANY two events together by saying they are a certain number of years apart, that in no way means they are connected in any other way, and throughout this book we so much about that. I find these correlations to be coincidences, if even that. Just by the nature of time itself, we will always be able to connect ANY event to another event simply by stating the amount of time that occurred that between the 2 (or more) events.

This was not the part of book that I found impressive. What I did indeed find impressive were many of the quotes Martinez used to show what may be coming, and the most impressive was Martinez’s own insights.

When she compares the overall state of mind of Americans to that of someone suffering from Narcissistic Personality Disorder, and then explains just how the clinical definition so well fits as a description of American society today, I was simply floored. When she elaborates further on the double standards of American politics, I was so excited to see that someone else out there was publishing views I have agreed with for years.

I was extremely impressed with Martinez’s commentary and views on American life how the way we act now may end up leading to eventual downfall and possible demise in the future.

This book was extremely interesting – far more so than I had originally expected. While I felt the areas talking about time lapses between events was a bit dry, I was highly impressed with Martinez’s theories on American society’s over all beliefs – and just what those beliefs may end up leading us to in the foreseeable future.

No comments:

Post a Comment