Monday, September 12, 2011

Review: Rita's Spiritual Goods


Rita’s Spiritual Goods

http://www.etsy.com/shop/RitaSpiritualGoods

Rita sent in 2 products from the dozens she has available on her etsy website to have reviewed. I was pleased when I saw her site and saw what a wide variety of products she has and know that she is catering to the needs of many and not just a few. Her line is extensive and impressive.


Rita’s Signature St. Rita’s Hand Brewed Oil

http://www.etsy.com/listing/62472553/ritas-signature-st-ritas-hand-brewed-oil

The description given by Rita on her etsy site for this product says:

St. Rita is the Patron Saint of Impossible Wishes and Causes. It is said that a sweet smell emanates from the walls where St. Rita’s body is buried and that it even perfumes the atmosphere beyond the walls of the church.

This essential blend is not only to honor the goddess St. Rita, but also embodies the energy of her patronage to help call on her in impossible situations. Wear it daily as a perfume to honor her or on your third eye and behind your ear to call on her to make your impossible wishes come true.

Rita's ST. RITA Oil comes in an 1/8 ounce perfume roller bottle that measures about 2 1/2 inches with the cap on and as always made when the moon is right.


The price on these bottlew is set at $7.88 making them just over to $10 with shipping.

For several years now I’ve had a favorite scent I get from an online business that also travels the ren faire circuit. This scent is extremely close to that one, which totally caught me off guard and surprised me even more with the price - which is also a lot less than what I’m used to paying – about 1/3 the cost.

St. Rita is also the patron saint of interline travel, sickness, wounds, marital problems, abuse, and mothers – so this blend can be used for more than just impossible wishes and causes.

This blend is rich, sweet, and sensual and will give you a magical boost throughout your day as it helps give you the confidence to take on anything.


Rita's Triple Strength Dragon's Blood Spiritual Mist Spray


http://www.etsy.com/listing/79274720/ritas-triple-strength-dragons-blood

The description for this product states:
Rita's Spiritual Mist Sprays are hand brewed with all natural herbal powders and essential oils. Carry one with you or keep it in the home, office or car for when you need a quick cleansing. These sprays are perfect to use throughout the day to clear negativity away from your personal space and revive the energy around you.

This one is a personal favorite of mine, the smell is addicting. I don't know what I would do without Dragon's Blood!!! The magical uses for Dragon's Blood are quite powerful for rejuvenation and cleansing, Energy, Strength, Purification, Changes, Determination, Cleansing, Courage. Use this mist anytime a confrontation has occurred in your home or office, or right before you begin a ritual to charge you and your space with strength and power. It is a must for any witches juju collection.

Rita's Dragon's Blood Spiritual Mist comes in a 4 ounce spray bottle and as always made when the moon is right.

Please note true traditional hoodoo sprays are made to be shaken upon use as some settle make occur of the juju inside, this also helps to charge the energy of the spray before you spritz. Please also note that some sprays may stain fabrics due to oils, resins and/or color even though the color is water based (most of the time washing in cool water with woolite on delicate cycle will work though).

This spray is listed at $9.98, again making it less expensive than many similar products from competitors. It’s definitely very red, so I would be careful where this product does get sprayed if you don’t want to have to worry about clean up.

I honestly was a little surprised with this one – as it is called Triple Stregnth, I thought it would have an extremely strong smell, but instead the smell was actually pretty light.

I can see where people would really enjoy using this – I just don’t know how much of a spritzer kind of person I am myself preferring to use droppers or other methods of dispersing.

This would come in real handy to purify people before they enter a circle, but with the color of it I don’t know how well people would want to take the risk of staining clothes. One of my group members recommended it be sprayed only on the hair of a person, but I don’t know that I would consider that to be quite the cleansing we normally do before ritual. While I can see definitely using it in a personal setting, I think for group dynamics it would have to be discussed ahead of time – just in case.

One way I did find that I really did like to use it was in my own purifying ritual. After taking a purifying bath I sprayed it all over me (while still standing in the shower) and allowed myself to drip dry. This way clean up was minimal, no clothes are towels were stained, and I was able to completely retain the dragon’s blood potency on my own skin and carry it with me for the rest of the day.

While I thought the labels were really great looking for the packaging, I was disappointed to see no ingredients listed – not on the web page, nor on the packaging itself and this could be a problem for people with sensitive skin or allergies, so if you have any of these types of conditions, it would be best to send Rita an email an ask about any possible reactions first.

No comments:

Post a Comment