Saturday, June 11, 2011
New Orleans day 2
Thursday, May 26th
Our next self guided tour of the day, we headed uptown to see another different side of New Orleans. This was something that really was impressed upon me, from Tulane University to the lower 9th ward, the area of New Orleans has vast differences in such a small geographic area.
While on our uptown tour, we again found a spot were we could park and got out to do a lot of walking. On this walking tour we saw:
1) Loyola University - 6363 St. Charles Avenue
2) Holy Name of Jesus Church - 6367 St. Charles Avenue
3) Tulane University - 6823 St. Charles Avenue - What a beautiful school!
4) Gibson Hall - 6823 St, Charles Avenue
5) Zemurray Mansion - 7000 St. Charles Avenue
6) Parkview Guesthouse - 7004 St. Charles Avenue
7) Audubon Park - across from Tulane and Loyola
8) Auduborn Park Oak - the trunk measures more than 35 feet around.
After the park, we stopped by Guy's at 5259 Magazine Street to pick up some shrimp po boy sandwiches which we took back to our hotel to eat.
SInce it was still early, we hopped on the St. Charles trolley and headed back into the French Quarter and then to the Canal Street Trolley to the RiverFront.
We stopped by Cafe du monde (finally) and got our chickory coffee and beignets. We did some more walking around, checked out Jackson Square and St. Louis Cathedral and the took the trolley back to the hotel. We walked over to Voodoo Barbeque for take out. We could have missed eating there, and we wouldn't have really missed eating there - not the best food we had.